5 Random Pages

Recent Changes (All)

Related Pages


Don't Click


Z Battery Golf Road

Recent Page Trail:

A World War II anti-aircraft Z-Battery was sited on Golf Road, Aberdeen, west of the promenade on the golf course. Site number ABZ1.

The Z-Battery was armed with rocket launchers rather than heavy guns, and this battery was equipped with 64 U2P unrotating twin barrelled launchers, GL Radar Mk II, and an accommodation camp containing Nissen huts to the west. Aerial photographs taken by the RAF in 1942 show the battery in place, but later photographs taken in 1945 show only the remains of the rocket battery on the site.

There are no surviving remains of the battery or camp, presumably removed at the end of the war, and the site is now occupied by the Old Town or King's Links golf course.

External links

Related Canmore/RCAHMS and ScotlandsPlaces (SP) entries:-

 

  •  


Aerial views


Map

Comments

You may add a comment or offer further details which may be included in the page above.

Commenting has been disabled thanks to the attention of scum known as spam commenters


Recent Page Trail: