Z Battery Duntocher
A World War II anti-aircraft Z-Battery was sited north of Clydebank, to the south east of Duntocher. Site number CZ1. Part of the Clyde AA Defences, the site was also known as Hardgate, and was originally part of the Clydebank and District Golf Course, south of the A810 Glasgow Road, Hardgate, Faifley.
The Z-Battery was armed with rocket launchers rather than heavy guns, and this battery was equipped with 64 U2P unrotating twin barrelled launchers, GL Radar Mk II, and an accommodation camp to the north. Aerial photography taken by the RAF in 1946 showed the remains of the battery, and the accommodation camp, reported to contain some 36 Nissen huts.
The battery was manned by 101 Home Guard as part of 136 Battery.
There are no surviving remains of the battery or camp, and the site has reverted to the Clydebank and District Golf Course.
You may add a comment or offer further details which may be included in the page above.
Commenting has been disabled thanks to the attention of scum known as spam commenters
Recent Page Trail: