Old OS Maps
The following original paper Ordnance Surveys are owned by SeSco.
Bear in mind the time taken to produce OS maps in the days before digital mapping. It could easily take five years or more simply to take the survey data from notes to final published, paper map. To this should be added the years it could also take the carry out the actual land surveys, especially in areas where access might be less than ideal, and in remote areas. The earliest maps listed below, those not based on the National Grid, are noted to be based on original data dating from surveys made in 1856.
Approval and verification probably means that new content may take a year to appear, not because it takes that long to produce, but because it still has to be integrated with other work being carried out nearby. While online mapping can be edited and appear relatively quickly, paper maps still have to be printed, published, stocked, and sold, so can't be republished every single time there is an edit.
The map jump corresponds to the origin of the individual map, the southwest or bottom left corner.
1:1250 or 50.688 inches to 1 Mile
- Plan 26/5567 SE sw 1:1250 1950 Map jump
- Plan 26/5364 NE sw 1:1250 Map jump (Undated, but must be similar to the others.)
- Plan 26/5669 NW sw 1:1250 1949 Map jump
- Plan NS 5960 NE sw 1:1250 1954 Map jump
- Plan NS 5959 NW sw 1:1250 1953 Map jump
- Plan NS 6664 SE sw 1:1250 1961 Map jump
- Plan NS 5863 SW sw 1:1250 1953 Map jump
- Plan NS 5965 SE sw 1:1250 1951 Map jump
- Plan NS 5568 SW sw 1:1250 1950 Map jump
- Plan NS 5455 NE sw 1:1250 1953 Map jump
- Plan NS 5455 NW sw 1:1250 1960 Map jump
- Plan NS 5368 SW sw 1:1250 1960 Map jump
- Plan NS 5761 SW sw 1:1250 1958 Map jump
- Plan NS 5362 NW sw 1:1250 1960 Map jump
- Plan NS 6364 SW sw 1:1250 1954 Map jump
- Plan NS 6166 SW sw 1:1250 1951 Map jump
- Plan NS 6467 NE sw 1:1250 1954 Map jump
- Plan NS 6364 SE sw 1:1250 1954 Map jump
- Plan NS 5362 SW sw 1:1250 1952 Map jump
- Plan NS 5169 SE sw 1:1250 1952 Map jump
- Plan NS 5962 SW sw 1:1250 1965 Map jump
- Plan NS 5862 SE sw 1:1250 1953 Map jump
- Plan NS 3980 SW sw 1:1250 1963 Map jump
Alexandria, just north of Alexandria Station.
1:2500 or 25.344 inches to 1 Mile
1:10,560 or 6 Inches to 1 Mile
- Plan NS 66 SE sw 1:2500 1958 Map jump
- Plan NS 85 SE sw 1:2500 1958 Map jump
- Plan NS 85 SW sw 1:2500 1958 Map jump
Pre-World War II maps - 1:2500 being 25.344 Inches to a Statute Mile or 208.33 Feet to One Inch
- Lanark XVII. 4 sw 1:2500 1940 Map jump No hi-res aerial
Centred on Hamilton.
- Lanark XIX. 13 sw 1:2500 1940 Map jump No hi-res aerial
Western half of Carluke and area of golf club.
- Lanark XIX. 14 sw 1:2500 1940 Map jump No hi-res aerial
Eastern half of Carluke and area around Roadmeetings.
- Renfrewshire VII. 4 sw 1:2500 1914 Map jump
Centred close to Bishopton and Bishopton station.
- Dunbartonshire XXII. 2 sw 1:2500 1937 Map jump
Dumbarton, west of the River Leven, Castlehill, Brucehill, Kirktonhill.
- Ayrshire LV. 8 sw 1:2500 1909 Map jump
Southern half of Girvan.
- Renfrew XI. 7 sw 1:2500 1940 Map jump
Centred on Kilbarchan and Milliken Park.
You may add a comment or offer further details which may be included in the page above.
Commenting has been disabled thanks to the attention of scum known as spam commenters
Recent Page Trail: