Kames Rifle Ranges
Kames rifle ranges were located to the east of Kames and south of Tighnabruaich, Argyll and Bute.
Two rifle ranges have been identified on old Ordnance Survey maps of the area.
The first is shown on maps dating back to 1869, annotated as the Rifle Volunteer Range. This is shown to the south of the B8000 Millhouse Road between Kames and Millhouse, just to the east of the present day Tighnabruaich ROC post and local fire station.
The second is shown on later mapping dating from 1901, which also shows the the first range on the south of the road was no longer being recorded. The later range is shown as a 600 yard rifle range lying to the north of the road, and following a similar alignment to that of the earlier range. This range also is also no longer in existence, and was last seen on the 1924 map of the area.
- Tighnabruaich R O C post
- Firing point, 600 yard range
- Targets, 600 yard range
- Rifle Volunteer Range 1869 map north end
- Rifle Volunteer Range 1869 map south end
You may add a comment or offer further details which may be included in the page above.
Commenting has been disabled thanks to the attention of scum known as spam commenters
Recent Page Trail: