Inverallochy RAF Camp
The remains of an RAF Camp can be found at Inverallochy, a few miles to the west of Fraserburgh on the south side of the B9033 road, with evidence of anti-blast shelters, building foundations, and hut bases still visible in much of the surrounding area. The camp would have been associated with nearby Fraserburgh Airfield, and had the alternative name of Tershinty.
The site has been reported as being visible on aerial surveys made by the RAF in 1946, and aerial photographs taken in 1993.
When searching for related records, it may help to note that the locations in this area may be referred to variously as Inverallochy, Fraserburgh, and Cairnbulg, depending on their source.
Across the road from the camp, and facing seaward on the eastern side of a nearby hill which hides it from sight from the camp, the remains of a World War II Battle HQ can be found.
You may add a comment or offer further details which may be included in the page above.
Commenting has been disabled thanks to the attention of scum known as spam commenters
Recent Page Trail: