Findhorn Bay Rifle Range
Findhorn Bay rifle range lies on an area of saltmarsh to the south of Findhorn Bay, and is marked as Disused on current OS maps.
The range can be found on survey maps of the area dating back to 1873, at which time it is marked as a Volunteer's Rifle Range, and records show it to have been for the use of the Elginshire Volunteers, described then as the property of Colonel Grant Peterkin, Grange Hall.
The target and range butts lie extant at the northwest end of the extensive range, together with the shooting platforms at distances of 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 400, and 500 yards along a track running southeast from the butts.
- Findhorn Bay rifle range butts
- 100 yard platform
- 150 yard platform
- 200 yard platform
- 250 yard platform
- 300 yard platform
- 400 yard double platform
- 500 yard double platform
You may add a comment or offer further details which may be included in the page above.
Commenting has been disabled thanks to the attention of scum known as spam commenters
Recent Page Trail: