5 Random Pages

Recent Changes (All)

Related Pages


Fight Spam! Click Here!


Empire Cinema Lochgilphead

Recent Page Trail:

The Empire Cinema, Lochgilphead, Argyll & Bute, was constructed in 1938, and remained in use until about 1990.

The cinema actually began life within the 1938 Empire Exhibition, held in Belahouston Park, Glasgow. When the exhibition ended, the building was sold, dismantled and rebuilt in Lochgilphead, providing the town with a 600 seat cinema that remained in use until the late 1980s, when it became a snooker hall.

During filming of the James Bond film From Russia With Love in 1960, Shepperton Studios hired the cinema for six weeks, for viewing the daily rushes. A number of scenes were shot in the surrounding area.

In 1991, the building was converted into a nine room travel lodge (guest house).

External links


Aerial views


Map

Comments

You may add a comment or offer further details which may be included in the page above.

Commenting has been disabled thanks to the attention of scum known as spam commenters


Recent Page Trail: