AA Battery Mollandhu
A World War II anti-aircraft battery was sited to the east of Cardross Crematorium and Cemetery. Site number AN1. Part of the Clyde AA Defences, the battery was known as Mollandhu, or Geilston Burn.
The battery was quipped with four emplacements, command post, magazine, and an accommodation camp to the north. All features were visible in aerial photographs taken by the RAF in 1941, which also showed at least ten bomb craters nearby.
The remains of the four brick emplacements survive on the site, but the remaining buildings have been lost, leaving only the access paths visible in aerial views, together with what may be some concrete hut bases to the north, near the hedge. There is also an unidentified building visible, which may be the remains of a magazine.
You may add a comment or offer further details which may be included in the page above.
Commenting has been disabled thanks to the attention of scum known as spam commenters
Recent Page Trail: