AA Battery Inverasdale
A World War II anti-aircraft battery was sited near Inverasdale, on the west shore of Loch Ewe, Highlands. Site number E5. Part of the Loch Ewe Defences, this battery may also have been referred to as Midtown.
The battery was provided with four emplacements, a command post, and an accommodation camp to the south and southwest.
The remains of the battery lie across a track leading northwest from the B8057 shore road. Three emplacements lie on the west side of the track, while the fourth emplacement and command post lie to the east. The battery mounted four 3.7-inch guns, with Public Records Office (PRO) records indicating these had been removed by 1942. All holdfasts are reported remain within the emplacements. Described as unusual, the shelters attached to each of the emplacements is reported to have been fitted with a small chimney having angled top. RAF aerial photography taken in 1952, and modern aerial imagery, shows at least 20 various hut bases in the area formerly occupied by the accommodation camp.
You may add a comment or offer further details which may be included in the page above.
Commenting has been disabled thanks to the attention of scum known as spam commenters
Recent Page Trail: