AA Battery East Rogerton
A World War II anti-aircraft battery was sited near Rogerton, East Kilbride. Site number GSG2 (early), S2 (later). Part of the Clyde AA Defences, the site was was known as East Rogerton.
The battery was equipped with four emplacements, and an accommodation camp to the south. An aerial photographic survey carried out in 1965 showed these features were still present on the site, as did a site report from 1997.
Examination of the 1958 1:2500 OS Map indicates that the Command Post was Type 2 and the emplacements Type C. Strangely the map also shows a building between two of the emplacements which is very unusual. The outline indicates thatt this was a computer building for later types of Radar but there is no sign of an engine house to provide electricity and so it must be assumed that the site was connected to a mains supply.
Located on farmland, there are no surviving remains of the battery on the site. A communications mast has been installed in the area of the former battery.
You may add a comment or offer further details which may be included in the page above.
Commenting has been disabled thanks to the attention of scum known as spam commenters
Recent Page Trail: