Welcome, Guest.
It's July 28, 2014, 6:14am.
Please login or register.
Home Page The Carrick or City of Adelaide is laid to rest
SeSco    Secret Scotland    Civilian  ›  The Carrick or City of Adelaide is laid to rest Moderators: Admin
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 3 Guests

The Carrick or City of Adelaide is laid to rest  This thread currently has 32474 views. Print Print Thread
16 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 » All Recommend Thread
Admin
October 14, 2013, 9:07am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
Quoted from FordPerfect
IMHO they have been ushered by a unseen hand.

Don't forget to mention that the same has been said of SCARF.

Logged Offline
Site Site E-mail E-mail Reply: 270 - 477
FordPerfect
October 14, 2013, 6:52pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Secret
No longer to be berthed for  "several" days near to the Cutty Sark"  , the latest very small print  

The ‘City of
Adelaide’ will be moored next to the ‘Cutty Sark’ for the weekend 18th
-
20th October before its last voyage
from London to Port Adelaide takes place next year. The voyage atop a heavy
-
lift ship will represent the last ever voyage
of a 19
th
century clipper
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Reply: 271 - 477
FordPerfect
October 14, 2013, 11:18pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Secret
Webpage was endorsed by :-

The Government of South Australia.

http://cityofadelaide.org.au/o.....-iconic-clipper.html

---------------

Identical info.  - embargo on release until -  Embargoed until 11:00, 10
October, 2013

http://www.nationalhistoricships.org.uk/data/files/CoA_release_amended101013.pdf

Website of :-

http://www.nationalhistoricships.org.uk/

-----------

So - you see ,  the CSCOAL much acclaimed  , business acumen was just a front ,  total BS  ,  I know in Oz they don't like POM bull-$hitters and they soon tell them straight ,  the same applies with me.   CSCOAL were morally bankrupt with their lies all the way , now they are bankrupt and had to be rescued    
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Reply: 272 - 477
Admin
October 15, 2013, 6:10am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
News item due from Aus end of things - apparently challenge in parliament there, and more ongoing mad stuff from MADders reported.

All far too confusing for me... that they have been given a site in Largs.

Why drag it all the way south, almost to London, only to haul it all the way back and finish up a few miles away from Irvine?

They should have ferried the Duke up here!

They used to have 'Royal Barges' - might still do for all I know.

Logged Offline
Site Site E-mail E-mail Reply: 273 - 477
FordPerfect
October 16, 2013, 8:36am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Secret
There's many a true word spoken in jest      

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Reply: 274 - 477
Admin
October 16, 2013, 9:54am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
Seems the 'cats in pipes' have been distracted by some mice, or maybe somebody with a laser pointer and red dot, things are slow

This arrived, and must be the story I was alerted to yesterday...

Port Adelaide Enfield Councillors to start their own maritime precinct plan for City of Adelaide clipper ship | Breaking National News and Australian News | Herald Sun

And this was published a little while ago...

Clipper ship City of Adelaide's home in Largs North to be challenged in State Parliament this week | News.com.au

Same stories are now to be found in a number of Aus media sources.

Oddly, while UK comments assume the remains are never going to arrive in Australia, the Australians seem to be carrying on unaware that the move is off.

We must be missing something somewhere - can't both be right

Maybe we should run a little local sweepstake on when this story will end?

(Note: I'm only referring to the END of the story, not a prediction of its outcome. Better check when my pension is due to kick in )
Logged Offline
Site Site E-mail E-mail Reply: 275 - 477
Admin
October 16, 2013, 10:01am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
Locals will, hopefully, recall Viking longships that once used to be found in Largs, but eventually were lost.

I think I have a pic of one fronting the Viking picture house on the road into the town, but its lost in a book somewhere, and I don't recall coming across any online.

Maybe councillors there should be looking to the future and garnering support for a local project, a work experience scheme for local youths to re-establish old skills, and convert an old hull (recently offered for free on eBay, buyers collects) into a giant Viking longship and tourist attraction on the sea front of Largs, with amusements and restaurant inside.

Logged Offline
Site Site E-mail E-mail Reply: 276 - 477
FordPerfect
October 16, 2013, 10:44am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Secret
Admin.  I suggested two or three days ago that you were looking at the wrong places for Oz. breaking news ,  the Port Adelaide  "Maritime Mutiny"  was aimed at you to further disseminate  

I think I will stop Goooooogling the Australian press in my morning coffee break , better wait until it arrives on the British broadsheet front pages or somewhere inside the DM   (on-line)  
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Reply: 277 - 477
Admin
October 16, 2013, 12:02pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
For the record, I have better things to do, and don't spend any time looking anywhere for news or stories on this subject.

All items offered are delivered to me by interested parties, or automated systems that feed online publications to me, and I pass on through this thread.
Logged Offline
Site Site E-mail E-mail Reply: 278 - 477
FordPerfect
October 16, 2013, 12:20pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Secret

That's OK then - carry on  ,  I was considering finding a totally different method of interpreting reality - one that takes less of my time.  
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Reply: 279 - 477
Admin
October 16, 2013, 5:13pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
There is an amusing aspect to this, since I have info 'pushed' to me rather than go 'pull' it myself - I probably know more about what is happening in Adelaide currently than Glasgow (where I 'pull' news and info, and spend a lot of time doing so), and know about local projects, buses, renewables (and their shiny new electric buses), crime, developments, entertainment, bars, traffic etc etc.

Interesting stories a few weeks ago, which would have raised eyebrows high in Glasgow, with our knife laws/campaigns. Trainee nurses announced they were carrying knives and scissors whenever they crossed a local park to reach their accommodation, stating they were living in fear after nurses had been attacked in the park.
Logged Offline
Site Site E-mail E-mail Reply: 280 - 477
FordPerfect
October 16, 2013, 9:26pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Secret
To be Klingfilmed for  "several" months  

http://cityofadelaide.org.au/o.....20-october-2013.html

---------------------

Time until start of the world's last ever voyage of a 19th Century clipper ship

3 Days  16 Hours  15 min.

http://cityofadelaide.org.au/

Clock problems  
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Reply: 281 - 477
FordPerfect
October 17, 2013, 6:13am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Secret
Federal Government confirms it will provide $850,000 for the City of Adelaide clipper ship's journey to Largs North
by: Pam Brombal From:

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Reply: 282 - 477
FordPerfect
October 17, 2013, 11:53am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Secret
http://www.nationalhistoricships.org.uk/data/files/20131017_City_of_Adelaide_clipper_ship.pdf

http://www.nationalhistoricships.org.uk/news.php/544/new-a10m-lottery-fund

Just place the loot in a treasure chest and row it over and place it inside the hulk of the C of A  (when renamed)      
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Reply: 283 - 477
FordPerfect
October 17, 2013, 12:39pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Secret
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Reply: 284 - 477
Admin
October 18, 2013, 1:18am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
Thursday shuffle - October 17, 2013.

"under tow by tugs Dutch Pioneer and Louise van der Wees on her way to Greenwich"

ShipSpotting.com

© martin klingsick
Logged Offline
Site Site E-mail E-mail Reply: 285 - 477
Admin
October 18, 2013, 9:32am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
Told you so.

City of Adelaide clipper: Protest targets Greenwich ceremony

Meanwhile, back in the real world...

Some nice views over Irvine to be found in these aerial shots of the harbour. I could even (just) spot the Pilot's House in the distance in one for them

Aerial Photography
Logged Offline
Site Site E-mail E-mail Reply: 286 - 477
FordPerfect
October 18, 2013, 11:21am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Secret
Read the  BBC  "report" again , all I can see, where they quote SCARF - are very, very old statements they have made long past , then the CSCOAL statements quoted - are bang up to date  

Nothing NEWS , just pure PROPAGANDA from the state controlled media  
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Reply: 287 - 477
FordPerfect
October 18, 2013, 11:27am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Secret
btw  ,  the  "Re-naming" ceremony ,  out of  350 qty. in total seats / catering available  , only  221 were registered by close at midnight gone,  (I ponder on how many of the 221 will in fact turn up with their ID for the gate-men) ..     If  CSCOAL is so well supported - at only £25 a seat , why did all their Oz supporters not clean up the remainder on-line , after all just another way of throwing good money after bad with a final contribution  

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Reply: 288 - 477
Admin
October 18, 2013, 4:14pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
So much   from anything that relates to SCARF and MADdison.

They only have the same old broken record to play, so no-one can quote anything "new" from them.

Nonetheless, it looks as if the supposed PROPAGANDA nonsense is being supported worldwide, and the BBC has enforcers operating everywhere: Campaigners aiming to stop City of Adelaide from leaving UK to Adelaide: Report | The Advertiser

I'll miss the smile they bring every now and then once the move is complete.

OH NO YOU WON'T - Once the hull is installed in Adelaide, good old MADdie will start another campaign for its return to Sunderland, as stolen property, and sue the Australians for the cost

Logged Offline
Site Site E-mail E-mail Reply: 289 - 477
Admin
October 18, 2013, 4:21pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
I saw this, and though of a little doggie called M.....   No No No NO!

Resist the temptation - resist - resist - RESIST!!!

Logged Offline
Site Site E-mail E-mail Reply: 290 - 477
Admin
October 18, 2013, 4:40pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
Some nice catches from Getty (so not chancing any use of the pics! )

Search - Getty Images UK: GBR: City Of Adelaide Clipper Causes Controversy As Its Moved To Australia
Logged Offline
Site Site E-mail E-mail Reply: 291 - 477
Admin
October 18, 2013, 4:50pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
New site has appeared in the lists, this one local, and offering possible updates on the final departure:

Arrivals and Departures - MY SEA OWL and CITY OF ADELAIDE | Ships and boats in London

I'm afraid I'm rather behind all this, as I don't go looking for info, as noted earlier.

I use advance browser builds, and it seem that a recent one has broken the option that flags up new articles on this subject (although they are still being delivered.)

I've found I have load, and only see them when I actually open up an take a look - which is hard for me to remember to do
Logged Offline
Site Site E-mail E-mail Reply: 292 - 477
Admin
October 19, 2013, 9:03am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
Short video report from the renaming.

The nice lady tells us the Carrick "even sank to the bottom of the ocean"

Well, at least that makes it easier for me to have trip to the seaside, since I can walk to the nearest section of the River Clyde in about 25 minutes, and it's in relative wilderness, and not even spoiled by the damned cycle track along which the "silent death" speeds, as my section loops away from the Clyde Walkway, or cycle route 75 which hijacked it.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-10-19/london-clipper/5033258

BBC went too:

Duke re-names Cutty Sark's sister ship

Photo report:

Prince Philip enjoys a 'very Australian' affair as historic ship renamed | Herald Sun

I was amused to see that ITV covered the event too, not because they cover it, but because the managed to find a piper to provide background music for their video:

World's oldest clipper ship to depart for Australia - ITV News
Logged Offline
Site Site E-mail E-mail Reply: 293 - 477
Admin
October 19, 2013, 9:27am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
Have to give this one a mention, if only for curiosity value...

Story appeared in Indian media this morning, in the International section of 'The Hindu':

World’s oldest surviving clipper set to leave for Australia - The Hindu
Logged Offline
Site Site E-mail E-mail Reply: 294 - 477
FordPerfect
October 19, 2013, 12:55pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Secret
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Reply: 295 - 477
Admin
October 19, 2013, 1:52pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
Just beat me!

I mentioned my feed system had keeled over due to software revisions, meaning I have to go check it manually, instead of getting an alert.

How can I put it?...

Jings! Crivens! Help ma boab! - as I think one Scottish cartoon character started saying many years ago

Normally, I'd post the few links to stories as they appeared, just to help readers, but for the moment, I will just give this up until something other than the renaming become the stimulus.

You might recall I noted that the story had died in the media, and that this was simply because there was no celebrity associated with it once the news of the move from Irvine had been reported.

All I can say is that I am now overwhelmed when I check the feeds now that the Duke of Edinburgh AKA Prince Philip has become involved.

After one story features the event, numerous others within franchises and similar groups get the same text boilerplates and circulated, and the same story cascades through every member of the group.

For this reason, I won't bother repeating them. (There are dozens of articles, but only a handful of actual accounts - if you see what I mean, I hope )

This is a bit of a pity, because I have actually found some 'new' news in some of the earlier stories which were mentioned above.

Rather than create a new story, the media sources have merely rewritten the original article (which informed readers of the upcoming renaming ceremony) to cover the ceremony itself, but have left the title and url the same, so there's no way that it will ever appear in feeds looking for new stories - or for anyone looking for a new story or update from that source.

This 'loss' of the newer info is one of the reason I am highly critical of media sources that cannot be bothered to create a new story for a new event, and lose it by merely editing an older one.
Logged Offline
Site Site E-mail E-mail Reply: 296 - 477
FordPerfect
October 19, 2013, 3:18pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Secret
Yes , I have noticed this about rehashing old articles.  If it is something like this that you have been following & aware of most of the content - then it is apparent that much technical detail is after a period incorrect (assuming it was true fact in the first place). .  Then you read something that you have not been following close & forget the trueism  - don't believe everything you read in a newspaper  
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Reply: 297 - 477
Admin
October 19, 2013, 6:01pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
Same source as the previous one of the arrival (thamespics), just a quiet short of the pair at Greenwich:

Logged Offline
Site Site E-mail E-mail Reply: 298 - 477
Admin
October 19, 2013, 9:21pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
Nothing like a good celeb to get some attention...

29 pics (when this was delivered to me, at least) of "The Chookie"  

Search - Getty Images UK: GBR: The Duke Of Edinburgh Attends The Renaming Ceremony For 'The City Of Adelaide' Clipper Ship
Logged Offline
Site Site E-mail E-mail Reply: 299 - 477
16 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 » All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

SeSco    Secret Scotland    Civilian  ›  The Carrick or City of Adelaide is laid to rest

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread