Welcome, Guest.
It's April 26, 2017, 1:41pm.
Please login or register.
Home Page Abandoned Edinburgh - some of it
SeSco    Secret Scotland    Around the country  ›  Abandoned Edinburgh - some of it Moderators: Admin
Users Browsing Forum
MSN Bot and 26 Guests

Abandoned Edinburgh - some of it  This thread currently has 211 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Admin
March 27, 2017, 11:00pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
While I sometimes query 'why' certain corners of the media feel the need to exploit UrbEx and history, sometimes it's as well to forget that and just wonder at how they manage to get it 'right' sometimes.

Actually, The Scotsman does quite a nice range of reasonably well assembled item on heritage matters, and this one has some odd and interesting surprises.

Not least that Barnton Quarry is hinted at being open to the public in 2021 - I'd given up on this one after there was a burst of activity and information with news about the place a few years ago, then - nothing!

All the web sites that had been opened and mentioned it just dried up and went away, and I gave up trying to find decent info - at one stage I had decided that the plan had maybe even folded, but then I found an obscure corner of the Secret Bunker site that dropped a few hints, so at least it was not dead, but even the blog they had been running evaporated years ago.

Worth a look:

(But one warning - whoever writes these articles has yet to master the fine art of getting the pics and words in the same order )

11 creepy abandoned places in Edinburgh - The Scotsman
Logged Offline
Site Site E-mail E-mail
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

SeSco    Secret Scotland    Around the country  ›  Abandoned Edinburgh - some of it

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread