Welcome, Guest.
It's March 24, 2017, 10:17am.
Please login or register.
Home Page A home of your own - in an asylum
SeSco    Secret Scotland    Civilian  ›  A home of your own - in an asylum Moderators: Admin
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 3 Guests

A home of your own - in an asylum  This thread currently has 87 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Admin
March 14, 2017, 9:07pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
No longer PC, and does not appear in the article, but the rest of us can still refer to asylums

And who in their right mind would not jump at the chance of living in a former asylum psychiatric hospital?

Just think of the stories the local will be able to make up, and of jumping at every odd noise, wondering who's in the cupboard, or hiding under your bed.

I have to confess Montrose was never a place I really stopped in and looked at in any detail, and there were few places ever suggested I go look at.

I do remember taken the road to the hospital once, but it was still open then, so I really just passed by - I didn't even know it was psychiatric at the time.

On a more serious note, I am intrigued to see that it has been saved, assuming the plans etc go ahead.

We seem to have so many galleries of closed, abandoned, and derelict hospitals (of all types) (and demolished too) in and around Glasgow, many of which were located in once grand buildings and mansions - it seems a shame that none could have been repurposed before it got to be too late for them.

Granted I am fully aware of the problems of doing this, and that it could have been impossible to re-use some, but the fact that some have been successfully transformed suggests that it might, and I only say might, have been an option to consider before it became too late.

Housing plans for Scotland's first psychiatric hospital
Logged Online
Site Site E-mail E-mail
FordPerfect
March 14, 2017, 9:14pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Secret
'Care in the Community'  -  we all live in a asylum ,  I am the architect and builder / caretaker of my own  
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Reply: 1 - 2
Admin
March 14, 2017, 9:17pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret

Logged Online
Site Site E-mail E-mail Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

SeSco    Secret Scotland    Civilian  ›  A home of your own - in an asylum

Thread Rating