Welcome, Guest.
It's March 30, 2017, 10:34pm.
Please login or register.
Home Page Nobel Raceway appeal oh damn it's Race Park now
SeSco    Secret Scotland    Around the country  ›  Nobel Raceway appeal oh damn it's Race Park now Moderators: Admin
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 11 Guests

Nobel Raceway appeal oh damn it's Race Park now  This thread currently has 351 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Admin
March 8, 2017, 12:34am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
I'm on the scrounge

Does anyone have any information - even links to web pages or sites I may not have found - relating to the Nobel Raceway that was once planned/promised on the site of the former Nobel works at Ardeer?

I came across a reminder of this recently, and reckon it's time to try and pull together any info that remains.

Assuming it is no longer a promise that is going to materialise...

Unless someone out there knows better.
Logged Online
Site Site E-mail E-mail
Tam Nugent
March 8, 2017, 10:28am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Mystery
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Reply: 1 - 5
Admin
March 8, 2017, 11:08am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
Indeed not

I followed this venue some years ago when it was launched with a great fanfare, ambitious plans, and videos purporting to show 'Work in Progress' building the site.

There were even videos giving a countdown to the opening. plus YouTube and Twitter accounts.

Then...

Nothing!

All the feeds and info dried up, and since he's featured in the news feature below I can name him, Jim Crossan disappeared, and all the online info and data were deleted.

I can't believe the coincidence and luck that I asked the question when I did, as you'll see the Record that appeared is dated 19 February 2016.

Not quite yesterday, but after the last time I tried to find anything, and gave up on it (hence the question raised in this thread), and decided it was a waste of time looking, that was just the start of last year. Typical that something would bubble up moments after I give up - but then again, Murphy's Law rules.

Multi-million pound music and motorsport arena mooted for North Ayrshire coast - Daily Record

Guess I'll have to let this run for a while, and see what happens this time around.

Plans look less ambitious and less demanding of cash up from this time - so maybe wiser after getting bitten once already!

By no means in the bag, but unlike the last huge splash, a more cautious start to generate interest with small events on the tarmac - last time it was like hitting the ground running with everything built first, then get bums on seats.

Can't do that today unless you have bottomless pockets

Thanks for that - I would probably have gone on in blissful ignorance without the hint
Logged Online
Site Site E-mail E-mail Reply: 2 - 5
Admin
March 8, 2017, 11:17am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
Ye Gods!!!

Did you catch their pic of the current state of Africa House?

I saw some pics on flickr, but had no idea the place had been trashed the extent their pics now seem to show
Logged Online
Site Site E-mail E-mail Reply: 3 - 5
Admin
March 9, 2017, 10:29am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
For info (and my convenience) here are ALL the links that came up in a search last night - I didn't look past the first page, as there was nothing after the first few items.

Clearly my problem with being unable to find anything new was my use of the original project name: Nobel Raceway

It has been reborn as the Nobel Race Park!

There's a cracking comment in one of the items from 2015...

This was supposed to happen 5 year ago. As long as their (sic) making explosives down their this will not happen.

While this has been noted to possibly have been valid when Ardeer was making explosives, another item notes that this is no longer an issue as the material being produced is an air-bag propellant.

Random date-ish order...

irvinebayevents No date

Nobel Race Park in Scotland Underway | Dragbike.com 2011

Nobel Race Park - Stevenston 2011

£4m race park plans for former ICI site - Daily Record 2012

New nobel racepark irvine scotland | Driftworks Forum 2012

2012:

2012:

Nobel Race Park | 2014

Sample motorsport at Ardeer autotests | 2014

Nobel Race Park - Page 1 - General Gassing - PistonHeads 2014

Autotest/SOLO 29/11/14 | Scottish Sporting Car Club 2014

2015:

2015:

2015:

North Ayrshire could be set for major events with new multi-million pound investment (From Irvine Times) 2015

Multi-million pound music and motorsport arena mooted for North Ayrshire coast - Daily Record 2016
Logged Online
Site Site E-mail E-mail Reply: 4 - 5
Admin
March 9, 2017, 10:21pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
UPVOTE Nobel Race Park...

Vroom Vroom
Logged Online
Site Site E-mail E-mail Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

SeSco    Secret Scotland    Around the country  ›  Nobel Raceway appeal oh damn it's Race Park now

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread