Welcome, Guest.
It's May 30, 2017, 11:11am.
Please login or register.
Home Page Bennie Railplane
SeSco    Wiki Discussions    Discussion Forum  ›  Bennie Railplane Moderators: Admin
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 15 Guests

Bennie Railplane  This thread currently has 958 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Admin
July 11, 2016, 8:31pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
Fans, enthusiasts (and even haters) of the Bennie Railplane may be interested in a couple of pdf documents that can be viewed and downloaded online.

These appear to contain numerous pics (and maybe even info, I'm not sure) that have not appeared in online accounts of the Railplane's history, so are worth a look.

You'll find the links to them in the 'External links' section of out page on the Railplane:

Secret Scotland - Bennie Railplane
Logged Offline
Site Site E-mail E-mail
FordPerfect
July 11, 2016, 9:21pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Secret
Same family      Worked on more than a few Bennie lifts    

Bennie Lift Company
Logged Online
E-mail E-mail Reply: 1 - 6
Admin
July 11, 2016, 10:16pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
Nice

While I'd maybe seen the name and mention, I'd never bothered to follow up with a look to see what they did.

Love the old heavy brass-style info and name plates on show.

They'd just get pinched nowadays!
Logged Offline
Site Site E-mail E-mail Reply: 2 - 6
Admin
July 12, 2016, 5:03pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
I was intending to post a link to 'Elevators in Scotland' and wonder if any Bennie elevators remained and were shown.

But after a quick search in YouTube this does not seem to be a channel there, or at least does not come up in my search.

Maybe the sender of he hint got the wording of the name wrong.

Maybe somebody else knows it, or can find a variation on the name that works.

It's supposed to have (at the time of writing at least) around 219 elevator clips - and there may be more from other fanatics.
Logged Offline
Site Site E-mail E-mail Reply: 3 - 6
FordPerfect
July 12, 2016, 5:08pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Secret
'Elevators' - they are found in USA  ,  try LIFT  
Logged Online
E-mail E-mail Reply: 4 - 6
Admin
July 12, 2016, 6:49pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Ctrl-Alt-Del-Aye-Right!
Secret
Good point.

I would add, just to be clear, I was quoting from the source, not writing new material, so the original was passed on as 'elevators'.

So many companies are US I don't notice the lift/elevator exception these days - on the other hand, I don't know when I was last in one

Probably GoMA, just for fun

I did check one business I pass regularly though, and Pickerings Lifts is still... Pickerings Lifts
Logged Offline
Site Site E-mail E-mail Reply: 5 - 6
FordPerfect
July 12, 2016, 7:42pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Secret
Pickerings  are strong at NE home area but have full UK coverage, (for donkeys they had sort of a sub's Co.     -  for some strange reason they were heavy in Edinburgh .  Bennie were a bit strange - semed a thin smattering all over UK  - in fact I came across most in London.  So many are re-furb and you will only see the makers name on the cast counterweight frame , I know of a Otis in a high traffic university location originally mid-1950's , rebuilt by Pickerings (new controller / motor & gearbox etc.) in 1960's , rebuilt again (same by Otis in late  1970's) - then rebuilt again by Pickerings abt. Y2K  - a real Triggers broom.   Often the makers plate in car / cage is covered with another by the actual service company with their phone-No. (for in event of breakdown)  , makers engineers tended to service own until abt. 1980 then most were out to cheapest tender  
Most are rnow ubbish lightweight 'package jobs' mass manufactured in Germany to E Conformity  
Logged Online
E-mail E-mail Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

SeSco    Wiki Discussions    Discussion Forum  ›  Bennie Railplane

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread